Sébastien practices business law, with an emphasis on real estate matters, merger and acquisition transactions, equity and debt financings, as well as partnership, shareholding, and joint venture arrangements.
He has represented a broad spectrum of private and public corporations, partnerships, and institutions, including some of Canada’s largest pension investment managers and major Canadian and US-based private equity groups, in connection with a broad variety of domestic and international transactions. These transactions range from M&A deals, mixed-use real estate purchase, sale, and development projects (including in respect of retail, condo, apartment, office, and industrial properties), and other commercial transactions of varying levels of complexity; to multi-jurisdictional alliances in sectors such as energy, transportation, entertainment, and health.
Sébastien has extensive transactional experience across a variety of industries, including:
- the data center industry, where he negotiated several major long-term design-build-sale-lease back leases with members of GAFA;
- the senior housing industry, where among other things he co-led the most prominent purchase and sale transaction to date in Quebec;
- the hospitality industry, in respect of which Sebastien developed a unique expertise and experience by leading several files involving the purchase, sale, licensing, franchising, and management of multiple hotel and resort properties thought out Canada and the United States;
- the retail, technology, and logistic sectors, where Sebastien led multiple high-profile transactions, having advised a number of prominent international retailers in the implementation of critical information technology solutions; and
- the manufacturing and distribution industries, where he has been involved in significant acquisitions, dispositions, and operational matters.
Before joining the firm, Sébastien practiced business law for 24 years, including 20 years in private practice at two leading national Canadian law firms. Sébastien fostered his business skills by acting as Executive Vice-President, Legal Affairs at a leading developer and property, asset, and fund manager. Sébastien is recognized as a leading attorney nationally, including in the 2022 Best Lawyers ranking.
Quebec Bar Association
Areas of Expertise
Mergers and Acquisitions
Corporate and Commercial
Year of Call
Quebec Bar Association (1998)